What is Verticals behavior policy?
Our Educators and Site Directors employ a variety of positive classroom management techniques to keep the students engaged and prevent negative behaviors from occurring by addressing them before they become bigger issues. Staff will provide positive reinforcement for good behavior to encourage students to be on their best behavior. If a problem is elevated past the point where it is in clear violation of school rules and general standards of behavior, then our step-by-step process is as follows:
- Removing the children involved from the environment where the problem occurred, and discuss the issue in a way that all parties get to voice their concerns. Students are encouraged to put themselves in each other’s place and understand each other, apologize, and return to class after the Educator has reiterated the expectation of behavior. Parents will be notified of the incident after class.
- If negative behavior is repeated, a meeting is arranged between the parents and the Site Director where the behavior is discussed and a plan for addressing the behavior is established. Parents are notified of the next steps that can be taken if the behavior should fail to be corrected.
- If the behavior still continues to affect the course of the class, students can be suspended from the program for a period of time.
- If all of the above fails, the student will be removed from the program.
- Site Directors will create Incident Reports for all behavior actions taken and submit to the parents, school administration and Apollo management for their records.